1. Insert CONTOUR®NEXT test strip and the meter will switch on.
CONTOUR®NEXT GEN blood glucose monitoring system. Remarkably easy-to-use and high accuracy1 - the features you want from a meter.
The features you want from a meter2. Easy to read: Big numbers on display. Easy to use: Large rubber buttons. No initial set up.* Personalized target ranges with averages on the meter.
The unique smartLIGHT® feature makes it quicker and easier to interpret blood glucose readings using coloured lights that clearly identify if the reading is above, within or below your target range.†
Going beyond Health Canada recognized industry standards.‡
CONTOUR®NEXT GEN has a 60 second count down screen that provides patients the opportunity to apply more blood to the same strip if the first sample is insufficient.
The free CONTOUR DIABETES app is available to support diabetes self-management, adding insight and meaning to the results.
Easy to use: Syncs automatically with the meter to upload all blood glucose readings to an electronic diary.
Easy to understand: My Patterns helps identify trends in blood glucose results and displays notifications of potential causes.
Easy to share: The blood sugar diary report can be sent prior to, or shared during, an appointment with a healthcare professional.
The CONTOUR®DIABETES app applies appropriate safeguards to ensure your personal data is processed securely and in compliance with applicable laws.
† Patients and HCPs should engage in consultations prior to making any changes to a treatment regime to ensure optimized diabetes management. The CONTOUR®NEXT GEN meter pre-set target ranges may be changed using the CONTOUR®DIABETES app. Always review your blood glucose readings in conjunction with the colored light before making any adjustments to treatment, diet and exercise.
‡Current regulation based on Health Canada recognized ISO 15197:2013 standard requires results within ±15% range, specifically: ≥95% of results must fall within ±0.83 mmol/L for blood glucose concentrations <5.55 mmol/L or within ±15% for blood glucose concentrations ≥5.55 mmol/L.
*Before use please see the CONTOUR®NEXT GEN user guide for full instructions.
**On a compatible Android or iOS device. For a list of compatible operating systems, please visit compatibility.contourone.com.
1. CONTOUR®NEXT GEN Blood Glucose Monitoring System User Guide, Rev. 09/20.
2. Research partnership Ascensia Diabetes Care Market Research, March 17. 100 patients in Canada, Germany, and US.
3. Ascensia Diabetes Care. Data on file. Smartson online survey, Sweden 2017. 352 respondents: People with type 1 and type 2 diabetes, over 18 years old, who tested at least 4-7 times a day. Participants received free meter and tests strips. Survey funded by Ascensia Diabetes Care.
4. Richardson JM et al. Clinical Relevance of Reapplication of Blood Samples During Blood Glucose Testing. Poster presented at the 20th Annual Diabetes Technology Meeting (DTM); November 12-14, 2020.